For sampling, transferring, and inactivating the infected virus samples. Virus Inactivation Transport Medium is an optimized medium with the virus-inactivating agents for transferring viruses–like a swab for the Corona test. This medium is appropriate for preserving virus nucleic acid for RNA isolation. The unique features of this medium include virus–inactivation, lack of influence, and interference with viral RNA isolation steps. After sampling and putting the swab in the medium, the solution could be used as the primary reagent for virus RNA isolation without using lysis solution (BFC in RNJia virus kit). The sample should be transferred to VITM immediately after taking the Dacron swab for the Coronavirus test.
Each vial contains Hanks buffer medium, phenol red (as PH indicator), virus inactivating agents, and antibiotics.
- Prevent sample drying
- Preservation and stability of the sample for up to 48 hours at refrigerator temperature
- Possibility of long-term freezing
Storage and shelf life
keep the product in 2 to 8 ◦C. in sterile conditions; the product’s shelf life is one year.
Samples to be tested
Nasal swab, nasal and throat swab, Nasopharyngeal Aspiration, and throat discharge.
Warning and Precautions
- According to the rules of the ministry of health, this solution could be sold only to licensed laboratories for emergency use and In Vitro Diagnosis (IVD) condition only.
- All patients’ samples and positive control should be considered potentially infectious.
- Before starting the process, read biosafety instructions for COVID – 19 on the link below: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/lab-biosafety-guidelines.html.
- Every step of the process, such as sampling, storage, transferring, and lab testing, must be compatible with biosafety in molecular biology lab guidelines.
- Dispose of wastes based on biosafety regulations.
- The bench and all lab equipment should be regularly disinfected using 70% Ethanol or 10% Sodium Hypochlorite solution.
- Do not use it If there is evidence of contamination or damage in solutions.
- Avoid gargling this solution.
The Virus inactivation transport medium is stable until the expiration date is written on the container label.
ROJETechnologies guarantee the efficiency of this product. For more information on choosing proper products based on your needs, please contact our technical support team. If any products do not satisfy you, please contact our technical support team for reasons other than misuse. If the problem is due to the manufacturing process, the ROJE team will replace the Kit for you.
This product is only for experiments and not for commercial use of any kind- No right to resell this kit or any components. For information about our licensing or distributors, contact the ROJE business team.
This post is also available in: Persian